Easy access to everything, open sunny living in a relaxed, well appointed family home.
Central city, easy access, open plan living. This is Auckland living in the central suburbs with great access to transport (buses are on the corner into town, trains are 15 minutes walk) and easy to get to the city, the west and east coasts and the airport. Jump on a train into Britomart and catch the ferry out to Waiheke for lunch, or nip out to Piha or Karekare beach out west, or take off up north to Matakana or down south to Maretai for a look. The Coromandel is an great day trip too if you fancy a natural bath on Hot Water Beach, or the fabulous Cathedral Cove. Eden Park is just up the road for sports fans and Western Springs houses some great museums for the kids, not mention a special park and the Auckland Zoo which is just no more than 10 mins away in the car. Point Chev is a nearby beach thats excellent for kids and where you can watch the setting sun. The house itself is spiffing, great indoor / outdoor flow right through with an amazing kitchen for entertaining and two lovely outdoor spaces front and back (with a swing) so you can follow the sun all day. All modern ammenties available for use including a coffee machine for pick me up mornings and a powerful blender for afternoon slusshies or cocktail making. The master bedroom is big and comfy and the two kids rooms bright and cheerful - with a connecting door for midnight parties (lockable!). The bathroom is massive too with a big bath for long soaks. In winter we have an open fire for keeping warm and roasting marshmallows on and in summer help yourself to a garden full of vege's and open up the bi-folds front and back for al fresco living : )
Linen: we will have beds made up, 2 single beds in a room together, and the master queen bed. There is a laundry fee of $30 for providing linen.
We have 1 cat called Charlie who keeps to himself mostly. He will have access to the laundry room only and need feeding if your happy to do so.
1. Leave the place as you find it or better.
2. Respect the residential amenity of the property and neighbours;
3. Maintain noise to a reasonable level and, in particular, between 10pm and 8am;
4. Dispose of garbage and recycling in accordance with the usual practice at the property and in the allocated bins. Guests must not leave excess rubbish in common or public areas;
5. Notify the owners of any complaints as soon as possible;
6. Ensure the security of the property is carried out in full during occupancy;
7. Guests will be liable for any excess fee for accidental damages made to the property i.e. fire, theft, building damage;
8. Be responsible for their Visitors and, have no more than 15 guests at any one time.
9. Before departure, strip beds and leave all used linens in the bathroom basket provided.
10. Used dishes should be stacked in the dishwasher and a cycle turned on before leaving.
We're a young family. We've got a couple of gorgeous girls who are growing up too fast and a couple of slinky cats too. We like going on camping trips in the Kombi in summer and picking peas straight out of the garden. We both work in advertising (hands up), a creative and a producer, but for different agencies in town. We love to read books and watch movies, even Olive who can't read yet, especially Roald Dahl and Pixar but also everything else. Trips to the beach (East coast! West coast!) and walks in the woods. Ice cream any flavour. Travelling everywhere. Gardening. Roasted Almonds. Cooking. Drawing. Painting. Crafting. Big reds and cold whites. Swinging on the swing. Swimming. Diving. Fishing, Coffee. Cricket & rugby & hockey. Eggs with soldiers. Doing cartwheels and handstands.