Live/Work in Private 500 sq ft Suite with East/South exposure: luminous & uplifting
Vaulted ceilings & big windows feel magical from dawn to glowing night skies
- Gorgeous 10'x22' bedroom, King/2 twins, desk & 2 armchairs, TV
- Unique 10'x18' tandem sitting room w/2 Queen futons & table for 6, TV
- Full bath, private
- Spacious landing w/closets & desk
Private backyard, 1-2 parking
Up to 2 more BR & shared FB downstairs, by preapproval only
Shared kitchen - dedicated dining & living guest areas
DESCRIPTION, MANUAL & RULES
Up to 1000 sq ft of guest-only space, in this hybrid “entire place” listing in a host-occupied house!
Group visits to NYC? Attending local events? Business traveler? In-between homes? Long-term discounts available.
This 5/2 family home is an ideal base for contract professionals, religious retreats, educational groups, family reunions... or as a daytime event space for wedding/bridal showers, direct sales or co-working spaces... We are however NOT a party house, and make every effort to keep the neighbors and city happy!
UPSTAIRS 4-room, 500 sq ft Loft Suite is private for the first 6-7 guests: serene, luminous, spacious, unique, very relaxing... with East-South exposure.
- Gorgeous 10'x22' bedroom with King/Twins beds, 2 armchairs, desk & TV/Roku/Netflix/Prime;
- Exceptional 10'x18' sitting room w/2 Queen futons, TV/Roku/Netflix/Prime & table for 6;
- Full bathroom with shower, double-sink & WC, PRIVATE;
- Spacious landing w/closets, desk & chairs (keep all exits free by placing empty suitcases in the attic);
- Floating Twin ottoman/bed for 7th guest if desired.
Vaulted ceilings with gable, clerestory & skylight windows with southeast exposure feel magical from dawn to glowing night skies.
Not suitable for infants, toddlers, elderly... due to open spiral staircase.
DOWNSTAIRS: Up to 2 extra bedrooms, only by request & for overflow if group larger than 6-7 (or guests unable to use the spiral staircase):
- BR3, large: Queen/Twins beds & Twin/Queen futon, for guests 7-10 - Dedicated guest room with TV/Roku/Netflix/Prime & lots of closet space;
- BR4, small: Full bed for guests 11-12 - Owner-occupied during the school year, NO closet space;
- BR5, small: Full bed - not available, ALWAYS cohost/owner-occupied;
- Full bath, always SHARED with 2 owners or cohost.
- Groups over 6, or using the downstairs bedrooms, may not use Instant Book & must send an enquiry first so we can help ensure you understand & agree to our setup.
- We offer flexible pricing for 1-12 guests, to remain accessible to solo travelers: this platform will calculate charges per guest automatically. Small groups preferring more privacy may enquire about private bedrooms, at an additional $40-80/night depending on size & count of guests.
- We only accept 1 reservation at a time, for 1-12 guests, so you don’t have to share the space with other listings/reservations.
- There are 6x2 or 9x1 beds: describe the composition of your group for recommendations.
- There are only 2 full baths total: the larger the group, the more efficient you will need to be with your belongings & time.
We describe all spaces accurately, so please ensure this is suitable for your group & you are happy with the setup BEFORE choosing to stay with us.
Enjoy the kitchen by taking turns with privacy, or sharing family-style: international cooking is one of our favorite parts of hosting.
Dedicated dining, living & desk area for guests (TV area & sunroom/garage are private host spaces).
Private backyard for guests (front patio is a private host space).
There is room for 1-2 more cars on the driveway; no overnight street parking: $50 fine.
Additional parking available 0.3 miles away at shopping mall at 81-89 New Bridge Rd (offering Farmer’s Market, Grand Essex Supermarket, Fish Market, 2 restaurants, etc.).
Our family home is located in a pocket residential neighborhood, close to parks, shops, restaurants & public transportation to NYC & large NJ malls/outlets.
You should use mapping apps to find all public transportation & simulate distances/travel times, as they depend on traffic. You can use above mall address as your landmark. Please make sure you are happy with our location BEFORE you book.
Check for great NYC luggage storage & parking apps: many affordable options if reserved in advance. It is interesting to rent/park or use rideshares for groups larger than 4-6 guests.
Our booking requirements are:
BEFORE ENQUIRY/REQUEST: profile photo with self-portrait, telling us the purpose of your trip, full name of responsible party & each member of your group, every guest’s agreement to our house rules. Reservation platform permitting, we also require profile with matching government issued ID & reviews/ratings from previous hosts.
AFTER RESERVATION: send picture of photo ID/passport, direct/private email & cell phone number you will be using during your trip.
Instant booking outside these requirements will not be kept: we strictly adhere to this policy & all above must be completed within 24h of your booking or it will be canceled.
No early check in available, as we need the full 10am-4pm to turnover the house.
Occasional advance/late luggage drop possible, if you want to stay local, but better check great NYC luggage storage & parking apps for affordable & efficient options.
We try to welcome our guests in person, so that we can verify identity & count of guests against the reservation, and so that we can show the house & where to find everything offered.
If we must run an errand after 4pm, we will let you know where to find the key or what the door code is: just press the Ring camera-doorbell when you arrive. Thank you & welcome!
HOUSE MANUAL & RULES can be summarized with:
Please enjoy but protect our home, be safe & sustainable, leave all common/shared spaces as you found them, & respect the peace for our neighbors.
- We try to welcome our guests in person - to show all and answer any question you may have - but please press the Ring doorbell if we are not home, and we will count the guests and give you the door code.
- Take off your shoes upon entering, only keep 1 pair by the door to keep exit clear (others in your BR).
- No rolling suitcases, nicking thresholds or smudging floors: carrying only.
- Spiral & open stairwell can be tricky, especially with luggage, socks, children/elderly... Please request a downstairs bedroom if any concerns, monitor children & no slippery socks.
- Careful not to scratch any steps, walls, etc. with suitcases.
- Keep the upstairs bathroom floor dry, as flooding will cause damage to the downstairs TV area.
- Downstairs living spaces should remain pleasant at all times, enjoy but clean/pick up after yourselves, no napping on sofas, place personal belongings back in your BR before leaving the house, etc.
- Close all windows before turning on the heat/AC, turn off all lights before bed/leaving...: live sustainably.
- No AC below 74 & no heating over 70, or you may damage the system and cause +8K in claims. Please turn off all lights & fans, place AC/82 and heat/60 before leaving for the day to be efficient. Host reserves the right to do so if you forget (remote access to WiFi thermostats).
- Close skylight before leaving the house. Host reserves the right to do so if you forget, but it remains the guests responsibility in case of rain damage.
- Close bedroom doors at all times, to keep the upstairs suite cool and avoid our cat Olivia going into the guest rooms.
- Enjoy the equipped kitchen or deliver your own food & drinks; mini-mall 0.3 miles away, many restaurants deliver when ordering direct, or use ChowGopher, Über Eats... apps. Refrigerator door offers filtered water & ice.
- No eating or drinking outside of dining area & backyard: not in the living or bedrooms.
- Bring garbages from your bedrooms to the kitchen: separate trash & recycling (commingle plastic/glass/tin/paper/cardboard) in the two bins under the sink. When full, take trash BAG and recycling to the patio on the West side of the house: largest black rolling bin for trash bags, largest green top for recycling without bag. We will not sort your garbage & will pass on fines: be sustainable. Next door neighbor Bill is our caretaker & will place them on the street by town schedule.
- No smokers! Absolutely no smoking/vaping on the entire property: not in the house, not in the yard, not along the neighborhood. We will file a claim based on smell or if we find butts in our or the neighbors’ yards, or if witnesses complain about you littering their yard or the neighborhood.
- No hanging out on front patio, no loitering or loud talking on the street: keeping neighbors happy is our priority.
- Zero tolerance for substance use, & intoxicated, unruly, loud, disrespectful or any damaging behavior: we will evict you immediately & keep both the rent & security deposit.
- Quiet hours are 9pm on school nights & 10pm otherwise: strictly enforced in this family home & to maintain the goodwill of our neighbors. We wake up around 6-7am.
- No parties & no visitors: access strictly reserved to paying guests registered on the reservation.
- We provide bedding & towels. Long term guests can wash these weekly if they wish.
- The cleaning fee covers the average time for a deep clean & laundering of all bedding after check out. Please maintain all during your stay as you found it at check in.
Long term guests should expect regular housekeeping checks. Fee-based cleaning & laundering available for long-term stays.
- Owner reserves the right to have sound/image electronic recording devices of all exterior, entries, common areas & owner-only (not guest-only) spaces, to monitor the correct count of guests & ensure the safety of our property. Neighbors are very helpful in monitoring all as well.
- Certified service animals are welcome, but must accompany the owner at all times & cannot be left crated or unattended.
- We recommend earplugs for train/fridge/cosleeping noise, and eye-covers as there are no room-darkening window treatments: most love waking up with the sunrise, but bring protection if that’s not your case.
- Please discuss all we can do to improve your stay!
- We look forward to rating you as 5 star guests, which will show on your profile, and allow you to instant book even more listings with high criteria.
Thank you again for respecting above rules, so all people of goodwill can enjoy the stay!
CHECK OUT EXPECTATIONS PLEASE:
- Let us know immediately if anything got broken or damaged during your stay, so that we can involve the insurance to get it fixed ASAP.
- Housekeeper comes shortly after 10am, to ready the house for same day turnovers.
- There is a $60/hour penalty for up to 2 hours of early check in or late check out (cleaners’ fee as they’re waiting). After 2h, we charge another night as there is not enough time to turnover the listing, plus any charges for relocating the next guests.
- Leave all spaces as neat as you found them & check that you don’t forget anything.
- Take all your trash & recyclables outside as described above.
- Turn off all lights & place thermostats on 82/AC or 60/heat as described above.
- Check that all exterior doors & windows are locked, leave the key on the white desk by the entrance.
- Use the front door for leaving: after opening the door, turn the button on the round knob to lock the handle & pull the door shut behind you.
- Test the door one more time, before getting on the road.
THANK YOU and safe travels!
Our home is very precious to us: we will evict you without a refund & will claim the warranty if you break any of the house rules, if your behavior risks causing any damage to our property, or if any member of your group is disrespectful to me, my child, our neighbors or our cohosts.
We truly enjoy the hosting experience, and +90% of our stays have been with wonderful guests from every socio-cultural background, young & old, families & professionals... a rainbow of people that have enriched our lives, and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you in the same spirit.
Leen & James, owners, or
Larissa, 2019 Summer Cohost
This is a quiet residential niche neighborhood, a short ride away from great downtowns in Englewood, Tenafly, Teaneck and Bergenfield with lots of restaurants, shops, movies... and still close access to multiple highways.
See GETTING AROUND to realize what a great location this is.
Thank you and welcome!
Bergenfield, New Jersey, Sjedinjene Države